Thursday, September 22, 2016

Learning Log #2


a. What are the ISTE standards that you possess? Please cite specific personal experiences where in you portray such standards?                         
               
               I am very conscious of what I will post in the digital world. Sometimes I posted in my timeline just for self satisfaction . Yes, I posted yet I am the only one reading my post. "Only me". Every time I am facing a computer, thinking of what I want others to know about me, I will evaluate first the content. I will always consider first my readers, or my friends in the social networking world. That is why I can say that one of the ISTE standard that I possess is being a Digital Citizen. I am very conscious of what I will post in the digital world. Sometimes I posted in my timeline just for self satisfaction . Yes, I posted yet I am the only one reading my post. "Only me". Every time I am facing a computer, thinking of what I want others to know about me, I will evaluate first the content. I will always consider first my readers, or my friends in the social networking world. That is why I can say that one of the ISTE standard that I possess is being a Digital Citizen.
                 Being a Digital Citizen, I know my rights and responsibilities when I am in the digital world. The way I behave online be the same way I behave in the real life. Although everyone could be the someone when in cyberspace, observing netiquette is very important. Like the way of communication in cyberspace, the words are written and there are chances of misinterpretation depending upon the mood of the reader. That i way, I am so mindful in using the right punctuation while having a chat online especially those individual that I met only online. 
              I am making sure of my safety and and privacy. After doing the things that I need to do, I always log-out my account.I did not left the computer open to any other users because there were tendencies that they can attack me and may felt bad online, though I am not really the one doing It. I should think first before I click!
b. As a future teacher, in what ways can you develop these standards among your students?

               

                Being a digital citizen is very essential to be develop in the students especially to recognize their rights, responsibilities, opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world and they act and model in way that are safe, legal and ethical. This could not be attain by the students without teachers as their facilitator. And it is the responsibility of the teacher to monitor the behavior of his/her students online.
               As a future teacher, it is very sad for me to read post online about fighting, backbiting and using the social network to destroy the dignity of the person. And I can say that I don't want that my students in the future will be engage in that kind of situation. Acting as if they were very popular in showing  the dark spots of others.
               And I can only do this by sharing what I learn to them and letting them know the do's and don'ts in behaving online. Moreover, I will also planned to conduct an orientation for my students so that they will be aware in acting in the cyberspace. In order that I can monitor them, I will make my students friend online so that I will know what they are doing. So that whenever they behave unpleasing online I can directly chat them personally until they will know and understand the proper netiquette.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment